Bible Proficiency Project
Week 5, 2/3- 2/8, 2020
I. Monday — Matthew 8:1-4, Mark 1:40-45, Luke 5:12-16 Leper Healed
1. What was unusual about a leper coming to worship Jesus and asking to be healed?
2. What was surprising about Jesus reaching out and touching the leper?
3. What lesson does this teach us about the nature of our salvation?
4. Why do you think Jesus instructed the leper, when healed, not to tell anyone except the priest?
II. Tuesday — Matthew 9:1-17, Mark 2:1-22 Capernaum
1. What challenges did the paralytic face in coming to be healed by Jesus and what reason did Jesus give
for healing him?
2. What was the charge the Scribes made against Jesus and why?
3. What two surprising things are on display in Jesus' healing of the paralytic?
4. What mistake did the people make in glorifying God?
5. How does Jesus eating at Matthew’s house illustrate how mistaken Judaism was about God’s plan?
6. Describe how tax collectors were enlisted in Jesus’ day and how they were compensated for their work?
III. Wednesday — Luke 5:17-39 Power to Forgive
1. What do you understand about Jesus’ explanation about fasting?
2. What is the old and the new that Jesus refers to in His parable of the wineskins?
IV. Thursday – Matthew 12:1-14 Sabbath Conflict
1. How does Jesus confront the Pharisees about the nature of the Sabbath in these two events to teach
about the spirit of the law versus the letter of the law?
V. Friday —Mk 2:23-3:6, Luke 6:1-11 Sabbath Conflict cont.
1. When Jesus says the Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath was He teaching that it
was okay to do whatever you want on the Sabbath?
2. What is the purpose of the Sabbath or Lord’s Day rest?
3. What do you think when it says in verse 5 that Jesus looked around at them with anger?
Are there times when it is okay to be angry and if so at what kind of things can we be angry?
4. Who were the Herodians?
VI. Saturday —Matthew 12:15-21, Mark 3:7-9, Luke 6:12-19 Followers
1. What are the two groups of followers and how are they described differently here?