Bible Proficiency Project
Week 36, 2019
I. Monday – Ezekiel 22-23
1. In 22:30 it says God seeks for one to “stand in the gap” for the land. What does that mean? See also 13:5
and Psalm 106:23.
2. Why do you think God so often uses the metaphor of harlotry to describe Israel, north and south?
3. In 23:31-34 God speaks of various cups, all bring judgment. In what way is Jesus speaking of the cup in the
Garden of Gethsemene a reference to the same kind of cup?
II. Tuesday – Ezekiel 24-27
1. Ezekiel speaks of “the bloody city” in 22:2, 24:6, 9. Who does this refer to and why?
2. How is the word “aha” being used in 25:3 and 26:2?
3. What is significant about Tyre (and Sidon) that it receives two chapters regarding its curse?
III. Wednesday – Ezekiel 28-31
1. What particular sin was committed by the king of Tyre that subjected him to particular curse (28:2)?
2. Chapter 29-32 focus in on the larger nations and here particularly Egypt. Why is Pharaoh the focus of
God’s wrath against Egypt?
3. What relation do you think might exist between the hostility between Iran-Iraq and Saudia Arabia today as
a result of Babylon’s devastation of Egypt?
IV. Thursday – Ezekiel 32-34
1. From what event are things being datedin the book of Ezekiel (32:1, 17; 40:1)?
2. Chapter 33 marks the start of the second section of the Book of Ezekiel. How are the two sections
3. What is the connection between 3:17 and 33:7?
4. What is the event that connects 33:21-22 to 24:25-27?
5. What is pictured in 33:30-33 and is there a message here for today’s church?
6. How does 34:11-31 find fulfillment in Jesus (give NT verses)?
V. Friday – Ezekiel 35-37
1. Mt. Seir is a synonym for Edom. Do you think the “ancient hatred” of 35:5 could refer to the Numbers
2. Chapter 36 reflects a great reversal of the “aha” as God promises covenant renewal. What tables are
turned in this picture?
3. Describe and explain what is pictured in te valley of dry bones?
VI. Saturday – Ezekiel 38-39
1. God and Magog are unknown cities and thus have led to great speculation about the end times enemies.
Often they are thought of as Moscow Tobisk in Russia, but if they are a reference to real cities they
probably refer to cities in what is modern day Turkey.What should one conclude from the description here
VII. Sunday – Ezekiel 40-41
1. Explain what is being presented in Ezekiel’s vision of the Temple?