Bible Proficiency Project
Week 22, 2019
I. Monday — Psalm 111-118
1. What does Psalm 111 teach us about the purpose of God’s works?
2. Psalm 111 and 112 are related as hallu yah (praise Yahweh) psalms. These are written as acrostics.
What does that mean? How are the two related in terms of their themes?
3. Psalm 113 describes God’s transcendence (vv. 4-6) and His immanence (vv. 7-9).
What do those terms mean?
4. In Psalm 114 the presence of God is described as residing where (v. 2)?
How is that to be seen in the church today?
5. What is the contrast in worship described in Psalm 115?
6. In Psalm 116 what is the reason that the psalmist calls upon the Lord?
7. Psalms 113-118 were associated with Passover. Would Jesus have sung these in the upper room?
II. Tuesday — 1Kings 1-2, Psalms 37, 71, 94
1. Psalm 37 ends these “wisdom word” with what promise?
2. What instruction concerning the whole of one’s life is spelled out in 71:17-18?
3. What is the difference between the righteous and the wicked according to 94:12-13?
4. How did Adonijah’s exaltation of himself backfire?
5. What instruction does David give Solomon in 2Kings 2:3-4?
6. What does Solomon do immediately upon David’s death?
III. Wednesday — Psalms 119:1-88
1. What is the theme of Psalm 119?
2. How is the Psalm structured?
IV. Thursday – 1Kings 3-4, 2Chronicles 1, Psalm 72
1. What is Solomon doing in Gibeon when God appears to Him?
2. What does Solomon ask for when God requests him to ask for whatever he wants?
3. How is Solomon’s wisdom immediately demonstrated?
4. What did Solomon’s wisdom produce according to 1Kings 4:29-34?
5. Describe how Psalm 72 details the events of Solomon becoming King.
V. Friday — Psalm 119:89-176
1. What verses stand out to you the most in this psalm?
VI. Saturday — Song of Solomon 1-8
1. What is an allegory?
2. How is the Song of Solomon an allegory and what is it discussing?
3. How would you describe the story line of this book?
VII. Sunday — Proverbs 1-3
1. Why is the book of Proverbs along with Job and Ecclessiastes called Wisdom Literature and
what is meant by Wisdom Literature?
2. What is the design or purpose of the Book of Proverbs?
3. How do the first nine chapters differ from the rest of the Book of Proverbs?
4. What would be the best way to utilize this book within the context of teaching in the church?
5. How is Psalm 111 connected to the Book of Proverbs?