Bible Proficiency Project
Week 21, 2019
I. Monday — 2Samuel 22-23, Psalm 57
1. In 2Samuel 22 what is David speaking to in this song?
2. From 2Samuel 23:2 how do you understand the inspiration of the Word written by David?
3. How does Psalm 57 fit into a consideration of the history of David’s life?
II. Tuesday — Psalms 95, 97-99
1. How is the application of Psalm 95:8-11 applied to us today in Hebrews 3:7-11 and who are these words
2. How does Psalm 97 come into a fuller understanding after Jesus’ resurrection and ascension?
3. In Psalm 98 can you detect David’s reflections upon God’s deliverance past, present and future in his
4. What attributes (characteristics) of God are on display in Psalm 99?
III. Wednesday — 2Samuel 24, 1Chronicles 21-22, Psalm 30
1. Who moves David to number Israel and why was this a sin?
2. What happens when David realizes his sin?
3. What is David’s reason for the choice of punishment?
4. What was David’s advice to Solomon concerning the building of the Temple?
IV. Thursday – Psalms 108-110
1. Psalm 108 is comprised of verses from Psalm 57 and 60. How does its theme differ from those psalms?
2. Psalm 109 is a complaint against an unjust judge. What does David plead to happen to him?
3. In what ways does Psalm 110 speak to the Christ?
V. Friday — 1Chronicles 23-25
1. What offices and duties are outline in these chapters?
VI. Saturday — Psalms 131, 138-139, 143-145
1. Why was David’s mourning upon hearing of Absalom’s death inappropriate?
2. How does Absalom’s death reveal David’s failure as a father; and as a king?
3. How does his resolution of the situation with Mephibosheth show his “lack” of wisdom?
VII. Sunday — 1Chronicles 26-29, Psalm 127
1. Who were to be the gatekeepers and what was their responsibility?
2. What was kept in the treasuries and who determined what they were used for?
3. Why did David not count for his military those who were 20 and under?
4. Why would it seem unlikely that Solomon would become the next king instead of one of David’s other
5. How did the people feel about giving for the building of the Temple? With what kind of a spirit are to give
unto the Lord today?
6. What advice did David give to Solomon that he might be a good king?
7. Why was Solomon crowned king before David died?