Bible Proficiency Project
Week 18, 2019
I. Monday — Psalms 102-104
1. In the opening to Psalm 102:1-7 what is the reason for his despair?
2. In Psalm 102:24-28 what is it that he takes comfort in?
3. What is the basis for praising God in Psalm 103?
4. How is God depicted in Psalm 104 and what should we take away from that (cf. v. 21)?
II. Tuesday — 2Samuel 5:1-10, 1Chronicles 11-12
1. How old was David when he was made king and for how long was he king?
2. What was the mindset of the people in making David king?
3. What characteristic unified David’s army?
4. Why did David call Jerusalem “the city of David”?
III. Wednesday — Psalm 133
1. Do you think this Psalm was inspired by David dwelling in Jerusalem, why or why not?
IV. Thursday – Psalms 106-107
1. Psalm 106 is basically a historical recounting of what?
2. How does the ending of the Psalm point to the basis for the sinner’s hope?
V. Friday —2Samuel 5:11-6:23, 1Chronicles 13-16
1. Who was King Hiram and why do you think he built David a house in Jerusalem?
2. Why does David want to bring the Ark of the Covenant back [1Chron 13:3]?
3. What happened when they were moving the Ark? And what was the resulting response?
4. How was the Ark supposed to be moved?
5. Describe David’s joy and Michal’s embarrassment when the Ark finally comes to Jerusalem.
VI. Saturday — Psalms 1-2, 15, 22-24, 47, 68
1. How does David’s attitude in 2Samuel 6:22 give insight into the content of his psalms?
VII. Sunday — Psalms 89, 96, 100, 101, 105, 132
1. How is David’s perspective on worship seen in these psalms?
2. How should our attitude toward God and worship be a vital part of our relationship with God?