Bible Proficiency Project
Week 16, 2019
I. Monday — Psalm 56, 120, 140-142
1. In Psalm 56:12 what is the place and significance of vows in the Christian life?
2. How is there a parallel in Psalm 120:7 with the Beatitude of peacemaker in Matthew 5:9-10?
3. When you think about the life of David, how did he manage to work his way through trouble?
II. Tuesday — 1Samuel 25-27
1. What did Abigail do to prevent harm from coming to her husband?
Was she being submissive as his wife? How does God show his blessing on Abigail and curse on Nabal?
2. What does David declare will be the way in which Saul shall meet his end in ch. 26,
and how does Saul respond?
3. Did David believe Saul’s apology was sincere? Why did David go to dwell in the land of the Philistines?
III. Wednesday — Psalm 17, 35, 54, 63
1. In Psalm 17:14 what is the difference between the world’s portion and a Christians?
2. In Psalm 35:9 & 27 what makes the Christian joyful?
3. In 54:6 Why is the Christian to freely sacrifice to God and in 63:3 praise Him?
IV. Thursday – 1Samuel 28-31, Psalm 18
1. Why did Saul search out the witch of En Dor and was this a wise thing to do?
2. How is this contrasted to David when the Amalekites raided Ziklag?
3. How did Saul die?
5. What are the ways that God’s sovereignty is seen in Psalm 18?
V. Friday —Psalm 121, 123-125, 128-130
1. What are the Songs of Ascents?
2. Describe the theme of each of the Psalms in this reading?
VI. Saturday — 2Samuel 1-4
1. What happened to the man that brought word of Saul’s death and why?
2. Where was David anointed King and by whom?
3. Who else thought they should be made king at this time and what happened?
4. Who was Abner and why did David mourn his death?
5. How did Ishbosheth die and what happened when David found out?
VII. Sunday — Psalm 6, 8-10, 14, 16, 19, 21
1. What is the primary thought in each of these Psalms?
2. What are the two types of revelation of God detailed in Psalm 19?